What is GSTR-4?
The registered taxpayer who come under the GST composition scheme, it is necessary for composition dealer to furnish the GSTR 4 one time in the three months on a quarterly basis. The desktop version of Gen GST software helps in filing GSTR 4 return easily by following the step by step procedure.
GSTR 4 Return Due Date?
GSTR 4 Return file on the quarterly basis.
18th July 2018*
Who should file GSTR-4?
A person who is registered under the composition scheme of Goods and Services Tax is required to file GSTR 4 on 18th of the month succeeding quarter.
- Suppliers of OIDAR (Online Information and Database Access or Retrieval)
- Taxpayers liable to collect TCS
- Non-resident Taxable Person
- Input Service Distributors
- Composition Dealers
- Taxpayers liable to deduct (TDS)
- Compounding taxable person
GSTR 4 Late Fees and Penalty
- A penalty of Rs. 200 per day if the GSTR-4 not filed on the due date.
- The maximum penalty that can be charged is Rs. 5,000.
When furnishing the GST return under new indirect tax regime, press the returns option and the user is able to reach the GST Return Page. Under the GST Return tab, you will find forms like GSTR1, GSTR 2, GSTR 3, and GSTR 4.
How to File GSTR 4 Via Gen GST Software
Step-1: Moving forward, press the provided GSTR-04 tab, the user will see a new page opens with the other tabs such as Summary, Email, Dashboard, Client, Fill Form, SMS, Supplier Details and likewise which are placed below the title bar of the window. First of all, click on the button provided with the client tab as available from the grid option.
Step 2: When you press the dashboard tab, further filing information such as:
- Summary (Value, Tax, Total Bill, Mismatch, Invoice value, match),
- Filling Detail (Extended Date Of filing, Due date of filing, Date of filling),
- CDN invoices(Mismatch, Invoice value, Taxable value, Total Tax, Match, Total Mismatch, Total Tax, Taxable value, Invoice value, Total Bill, Match),
- Imp of services bills(Taxable value, Total Tax, Invoice value, Total Bill, Match, Mismatch),
- Tax Liability under reverse charge (Invoice value, Total Bill, Total Tax, Taxable Value, Match, Mismatch) and
- Nil rated invoices (Total Tax, Mismatch, Taxable value, Invoice value, Match, Total Bill,). This information can be procured on a Quarterly basis.
Step-3: Here you will find a Fill Forms tab and clicking on it opens new window consisting all the invoice information showcased on the monitor.
- The taxpayer can see the invoice information based on client, yearly, Quarterly and GSTN wise.
- Based on the selection choices in the given field, the taxpayer can see the information of respective invoices. A taxpayer is able to perform tasks like edit, modify and view the invoice information from the given information.
B2B Invoice: B2B sort of invoices includes purchases made from the registered seller and registered purchaser.
- In order to include a new invoice, a taxpayer has to select the add button available in a window at the bottom line.
- A new panel opens where the taxpayer needs to make a new B2B invoice, it’s mandatory to furnish invoice information such as GSTIN number, number, supplier name, date and likewise.
- With furnishing the important detail concerning the B2B invoice, click on the Save button.
B2B UR: This invoice includes purchases made from the unregistered salesperson in a bracket to the corresponding registered purchaser. In a newly opened window, the taxpayer will generate an invoice of B2B UR. First of all, furnish the relevant details and now click on the save button.
Service Import: In case there is any service import in the last month, this is required to be mentioned in this section. As per the GST provision, the service grantee is responsible to furnish GST, if aforenamed sort of services rendered from NRI (Non- Resident Indian). The services come under the Reverse Charge Mechanism (RCM) in order to gather GST. A next window opens where the taxpayer will generate the invoice regarding Service Import. Furnish the mandatory details and press the provided save button.
CR/DR Notes: Every user registered under GST provision is mandatory to include the information of all debit and credit notes including inward supplies. Such sort of any debit/credit note generated here under the RCM will be auto-furnished from the provided counterparty GSTR-5 and GSTR-1.
- Debit/ Credit notes play the role of important modifications in an invoice, therefore the registered taxpayers have to include uniquely under the new indirect tax return filing procedure.
- Press Add button in order to include a new addition to entries of debit/ credit notes
- A next window opens where the taxpayer include the information of Cr/Dr Note(Reg).
- The invoice can be modified with the assistance of the search option convenience by users. At the search engine page section, the user furnishes the invoice information which the user wishes to change. If there is an identical invoice in the software, the user sees it shown on the monitor of the screen. An invoice information will be furnished automatically in the provided Cr/ Dr Notes tab.
Cr/Dr Note (Un Reg)
- A next window opens where the taxpayer will make Cr/Dr Note(Un-Reg).
- It’s compulsory to furnish the important and relevant details and then go for a given save button. The search facility choice is as well applicable in this event.
Taxable Supplies: Here, taxable Supplies are not only restricted to a sale, as they include a wide range of transactions.
- After mentioning the total turnover of the supplies, the Composition Central Tax along with composition State/ UT tax will be assessed independently.
- To procure the provided information, the user is required to press the given save button placed on the bottom side of the window.
Advance Paid: Occasionally, the buyer pays in advance to a supplier in order to obtain goods and services. The advances have been paid on those sort of purchases. The amount is considered to be advance money rendered by the customer before a transaction completion.
Adv. Paid Adjust.: A next window opens where the taxpayer furnishes the information about the Advance Paid Adjustment. In this heading, all the important information regarding supply type, state name, an amount received and likewise are required to be furnished.
Tax, Interest & Late Fee Payable:
- The net tax to be paid option includes the reverse charge and other charges than this as well
- If a user wishes to close the liability, by clicking on the Interest, Tax and Late Fee Payable Tab, the tax liability generated and displayed in the relevant tax payable head regarding both the reverse charge (SGST, CGST, IGST, Service Import, Cess in the B2B-UR, B2B, Advance Paid, Cr/Dr Note (Reg), Advance Adjustment Paid and Cr/Dr Note (UnReg)) or other charges excluding reverse charge (total sum of SGST, CGST, IGST and Cess provided under the Taxable Supplies slab)
- To know the available cash balance, press the given Get Balance tab.
- With this, the user gets information about the total balance( which is a closing balance in a month concerning total balance) and total tax liability.
- When a user does not set the total liability, the total liability is visible in the balance column.
- With the autofill checkbox, the user can adjust the liability for SGST, CGST, IGST, and Cess. It independently figures out the liability cash amount regarding the adjusted tax by Cash amount.
Step 4: When the user clicks on the provided Supplier Details link, a new panel opens where information will be shown on the screen of the monitor.
- Click on the given Add button provided at the bottom part of the page.
- A new page opens, where the two options including new and import you will see the user convenience.
- When the user clicks on an import button, then an import information of a supplier is available. For the user convenience, a drop-down menu is available from where a user selects the sort of options such as Seller, Master, Client, Year to import the information. First, select an option from the drop-down list, a next page is available and the user can select information of the supplier from the required list.
- Further, when the user presses a new button, the drop-down menu becomes active and the user needs to choose the type (Description, Short) where it is required to include the new record.
- A next page opens where a user furnishes the required information. After rendering the important information the user is required to press the provided save button and after that, moves further.
Step 5: Press the GSTR-4 Summary details and you will get the detailed summary of state wise and GSTN wise provided at the window top.
- In this title, the summary consists of the Credit/ Debit Notes registered Users, Advance Paid Adjustment, Credit/ Debit Notes Unregistered Users, description of B2B invoices, and Advance Paid.
- GSTN Wise: In this head, the information based on GSTN number is available.
- State Wise: In this heading, the information is available based on state-wise data.
Step 6: Press the available E-file tab placed at the window top. After this, a next page opens where the taxpayer clicks on the given generate button.
- A pop-up window is shown on the screen of the monitor asking whether you wish to issue a JSON file or not and then press the given save button.
- When the user selects on Yes button, a new page opens where a user chooses the destination, the user wishes to save this JSON file, further, as shown in the picture below, click on the save button.
- A new pop-up window with message opens selecting JSON file default when the user presses save button. After that, choose the required field and press on given validate tab available at the grid top.
- In order to find out the error, the user double-clicks on the provided Error Tab, the monitor displays an error as shown below.
- Ahead of going to upload the return, it is required that the user checks the given information carefully.
- To upload information on the GSTN portal, select all checkbox or select manually by choosing the relevant checkbox which is available in the right panel, then click on Upload Button.