The Gen GST Software removes all your compliance worries related to the GSTR-3B form. In GSTR-3B, taxpayers need to furnish information about supplies (inward as well as outward ) as per the CBEC formulated pattern. GSTR-3B details have to be submitted on a monthly basis from April 2018 to March 2019. Our Gen GST Software automates the GSTR-3B filing and submission process for our users. Below is a stepwise tour that will help you in error-less GSTR 3B return filing by using our Gen GST Application for desktops.
What is GSTR 3B?
GSTR-3B is a simple self-declaration monthly return that filed by the registered taxpayer from July 2017 till March 2018.
Who Should File GSTR-3B?
Every registered taxpayer should file GSTR-3B return including nill returns.
However, the following people do not have to file GSTR-3B
- Non-resident taxable person
- Suppliers of OIDAR (Online Information and Database Access or Retrieval Services)
- Input Service Distributors
- Businesses registered under GST Composition Scheme
GSTR 3B Late Fee & Penalty
GSTR-3B is required to file even for nil returns.
Late fees for filing GSTR-3B after the due date are:
- Rs. 50 per day of delay
- Rs. 20 per day of delay for taxpayers having nil tax liability for the month
If the taxpayer is not paid GST amount until after due date then he is responsible for paying Interest @ 18% per annum.
Guide to File GSTR-3B on Gen GST Portal (Desktop)
Here is a step-by-step Procedure to filing GSTR-3B on Gen GST Portal:
- To File your GSTR-3B return, click on the Gen GST Icon on your computer’s desktop screen.
- After you click on the Gen GST icon, the Gen GST Software loads and the home screen window will pop up.
- On the home screen, there is a vertical sidebar on the left that contains menus about all the services offered by the Gen GST Software.
- Move your cursor on the horizontal menu bar and select GST Return option by clicking on it.
- Upon Clicking, a couple of sub-options will appear below the ‘GST Return’ Tab. From the sub-Menu options click on the ‘GSTR-3B’ option. On the right side of your screen, two tabs will appear labeled as ‘Client’ and ‘Fill forms’. The ‘Client’ tab will be open as default.
- ‘Client’ tab contains the list of all your clients.
Note: To add a new client to the list, click on the client menu option part of the horizontal sidebar on the left of your computer screen.
- To begin GSTR 3B Filing, select your client from the available list of clients. This can be done simply by selecting the appropriate checkbox placed adjacent to the specific client’s name.
- Press on the ‘Fill forms’ tab adjacent to the ‘Client’ tab on top of the screen. The new window which appears on the screen comprises new sub-tabs with respective forms below them. The sub-tabs are arranged horizontally at top of the panel. The sub-tabs include Payment of Tax Tab, Inward Supplies tab, Eligibility ITC tab, Nil rated supplies tab, Outward and Inward supplies tab, inter-state supplies tab.
- As evident from the below picture, the tab labeled as ‘Outward Supplies and Inward Supplies’ consists of a sheet where details of all the purchases and sales of the current month have to be filled. Each row of column 2 has been labeled with a specific supply. Based on the nature of supply that includes Cess, CGST, IGST, taxable amount, etc. the respective rows have to be filled. The nature of information to be filled is specified by the name of the respective columns of which the row fields are part of.
- Once you have filled all the details, Click the ‘Save’ button. Post saving all the filled details, take the cursor to the ‘Inter-State Supplies’ tab (next to the ‘Outward and Inward Supplies’ tab) and press it to proceed further.
- On clicking the ‘Inter-State Supplies’ tab, a new panel opens up . the panel contains a form where you need to feel the specific details. Accordingly, furnish the details as per the labels against the blank input text box in the form. Once completed, click on ‘Save’ button at the bottom of the panel.
- Next, select the third tab labeled as ‘Eligibility ITC’ (next to the ‘Inter-State Supplies’ tab ). In the form that appears below the tab bar, furnish information regarding your ITC (input credit) eligibility and claims. Click on the ‘Save’ button at the bottom of the panel to save your details.
- In this step, you need to file the details of exempt supplies and to do this you must select the ‘Inward Supplies’ tab from the horizontal tab bar. The information that needs to be provided includes nil-rated GST transactions, Non-GST and GST exempt. Once done, save the information by clicking the ‘Save’ button and move to the next and final step.
- Post saving the details furnished in step 6, select the ‘Payment of Tax’ tab option (placed next to the ‘Inward Supplies’ tab). A new panel appears on your screen which will display information about your total tax liability based on the details filled by you in previous steps. This tab will show information about interest, tax paid, late fee, ITC applicable etc.
- Verify if the details are correct. Following verification, click on ‘Save’ to confirm the details. Next click on ‘Upload data’ button on the left-bottom side of the panel.
- The Gen GST Application will automatically send a verification message to your registered email id. This message confirms that your GSTR 3B filing
- The process has been completed successfully.
GSTR 3B Due Date For June 2018
Generally, GSTR-3B Return must be filed on the 20th of the following month.
20th July 2018
We hope that the detailed information in this blog will help you to successfully file GSTR 3B using our Gen GST Application. However, in case you are still stuck somewhere, you can contact our Gen GST Support team anytime for instant support.